.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}




Wednesday, February 6

Cocoa Swap Presents!!!


I was soooooo excited today when I got an email from my cocoa swap buddy telling me that my package would be arriving within 24 hours and then I got home and saw it on the porch! I may have even let a small squeal of delight slip. Wowza did Mary send me some wonderful things! She made me a stuffed owl which is so adorable! I can't let my mom see it or she will certainly attempt to steal it from me. A whole bag of mini reeses cups too....mmm yummy, my favorite. The chocolate to peanut butter ratio is so much better than in the big ones. I also got hot cocoa of course but I got Aztec spicy hot cocoa and I can't wait to try it. I have always wanted to try the spicy Mexican version of cocoa. Naturally, I got yarn too (four skeins!!) and it's gorgeous bamboo yarn. I haven't yet knitted with bamboo but it feel very soft and silky so I am very excited about it. I think I might make a tank top of some sort for summer. It feels like a lighter breezier kind of yarn. Mary also sent me a neat little air freshener for my car...ocean water scented...to remind me that summer days aren't to far off...and she tucked in a row counter (thank you so much...I am embarking on my first lace project and will need it!) and some needle holders too.


Look at these great needles!They are hand painted and the stitch markers are hand made too. Very, very nice, thank you so very much Mary....I feel so incredibly spoiled!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2008 12:21:00 am, Blogger lulubelle said...

Very cool!

Happy you've enjoyed the swap!

 
At 2/08/2008 05:54:00 pm, Blogger Mary Mary said...

I'm glad you liked your package! Painting knitting needles is my new favorite activity :)

 
At 2/09/2008 12:39:00 am, Blogger dee said...

I love the needles. My youngest son insisted on taking my owl, "goldie", with him to his Dad's house for the weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
archives
Some of my favorite places to visit...
// var sc_project=320447; var sc_partition=1;