.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}




Thursday, January 17

Cocoa Swap topic week #2

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

I am a very new knitter. I took a class at a wonderful little shop in downtown Royal Oak...Ewe-Nique Knits (there is a Ravelry group for it too now!) but since that was only just this past fall I haven't really had the time to change what I am knitting as of yet. After I made all my swatches and practice pieces I began my very first project, a poncho. It has turned out really well expect the neckline which I am having a bit of trouble with. I decided not to add the hood to it and just do a bit of ribbing but working in the round knitting a rib has become a challenge so I opted for the easy way out and decided to knit some stockinette instead so I would have a nice rolled neckline. I haven't started that yet because I haven't exactly figured out if I have to do standard stockinette or reverse...I do understand how to do it in the round but I can't seem to find any information anywhere on which to use so the roll will curl out and away from the neck.

Anyway, since I am still working on my first major project I haven't switched up much. I did make a couple dishcloths for a friend and am working on my second scarf.....hmm actually the scarves would be more because of winter. I made one for a friend (who doesn't wear it!!!) and am going to cast one on for my mom on my flight tomorrow. I really want to work on the neckline for the poncho on the plane but I don't want to risk taking my new beautiful harmony dpns and security not letting me take them with me. I suppose I could pick up a circ to do it with....this is how stashes begin to grow isn't it? Just one more skein, just one extra set of needles.....lol

Back to work with me....I think I answered the topic but rambled so much I can't be sure!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1/17/2008 09:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear secret swappie,
I hope your week is going well. You WILL acquire more knitting notions you never thought you would need as your knitting skills and project #s increase, it's all in good fun :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
archives
Some of my favorite places to visit...
// var sc_project=320447; var sc_partition=1;