.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}




Wednesday, January 16

UK Swap Questionnaire


Part One: Crafting

Do you knit, crochet, or both?
I knit mainly but I do know how to crochet.

What do you like to make? Do you have a favourite project?
I just started knitting in August 2007 so I haven't had time yet to have any favorites.

Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn?
again, not really any distinct favorites yet...I am looking forward to working with hemp though as I have heard it drapes beautifully.

Do you have a least favourite type of yarn?
I am not crazy about overly fuzzy yarn...just tangles so easily.

Do you do any other crafts?
Nope.

What knitting do you bring ‘on the go’?
Usually dishcloths with kitchen cotton.

What do you carry your ‘on the go’ knitting in? Do you want something new?
I have a small canvas bag and I am a bagaholic so I'd never turn down new bags.

Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over?
Because I am so new at this I have very little thus far. Anything would be fabulous!


Part Two: Your Favourites

What is your favourite colour? What is your least favourite colour?
Favorite....earth tones, greens, browns, blues. Least favorite....hyper brights.

What scents/smells do you like? What don’t you like?
My fav would probably be cinnamon and I hate floral.

How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure)
Usually a glass of wine and a good book.

What goodies to you like to treat your tummy with? (chocolate, biscuits, truffles, etc.)
Anything! I love to try new and different things so something you can only get locally would be a treat.

Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit? Any particular kind? Favourite mug/cup?
Usually diet coke :) otherwise it's either one. I love good coffee and teas but I am rather picky about it.
I have a mug from the 75th anniversary of my church that is my current favorite...my boyfriend has one too so it's a lovely dovey sort of thing :)


Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TVshow-Along, movies, music, podcasts)
Lots of movies and music mainly but TV also. Podcasts too come to think of it. I am looking into maybe getting some books on tape too.


Part Three: Living & Past-times

Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address)
Worthing, West Sussex

Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else?
I am not officially moved over yet. Currently I am still in Michigan US but am moving in a few months time. I've lived in Michigan my whole life so this is a HUGE adventure for me to move so far away.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
That list is really quite long! Tops are many historical places in the UK and then just to fan out from there...I love to travel.

If you couldn’t go to a knitting group, what other kind of gathering would you go to? (book club, tea party, yoga class, jewelery class, etc.)
Book club most likely although I have always wanted to get into a fun exercises class.

What’s your style? (elegant, traditional, glamorous, girly, natural, sporty, outgoing, etc.)
Hmmmm...cute, girly but not to frilly...with some traditional and natural.


Final Part:

Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)?
Nope.

Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know?
I don't think so :)


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2/02/2008 11:56:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and I are in a similar boat! I've moved to England to live as well. Although we're sort of back-and-forth as we stay in Canada for the summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
archives
Some of my favorite places to visit...
// var sc_project=320447; var sc_partition=1;