.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}




Monday, December 18

A what!?

I stopped for gas this morning on my way into work this morning and as I walked into the station to pay I was gifted with the following conversation:


boy: "ma'am? Can you pick me up a swisher? I forgot my ID." (Ma'am?!?!)


me: "a what?"


boy: "swisher"


me: "huh? a what?"


boy: "a swisher" (By now I am sure he was sorry he picked me to ask)


me: "What's that?"


boy: "A blunt wrap" (This definition didn't help one little bit)


me: "uhh...no I'm not gonna do that."


I never had the nerve as a kid to ask someone to buy for me. I had friends that would do it of course but never managed it myself. I was taken by surprise though it was probably more so because he called me ma'am than by anything else. Then if that didn't make me feel old enough already I had to go on wikipedia and look up what the hell a swisher was....not even sure I got the blasted word right even. lol.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 07:18:00 pm, Blogger Annalise said...

LOL, it's like a foreign language! I would have been totally confused too. :-)

 
At 12/20/2006 03:11:00 pm, Blogger dee said...

I know! Ohh I feel so old now. Those young kids talking their nonsense! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
archives
Some of my favorite places to visit...
// var sc_project=320447; var sc_partition=1;