.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}




Wednesday, December 20

I got in trouble at school today.

I was in a rush to get Jordan to school this morning. We ended up running a little bit late so by the time we got to his school everyone was already inside and the road that is usually filled with cars and students was clear. We weren't very late but it clears out quickly as soon as the first bell rings. I pulled up to the curb to get Jordan out of the car and in an effort to make things easy on myself and to get him out safely and not have to cross the road I pulled to the curb on the wrong side of the road. I felt marginally bad but just wanted to get him in as quickly as possible. As I was getting out of my car a lady comes jogging up to me and berates me for parking in such a way. Chastising me and giving me warnings of getting a ticket. Not from her mind you but from the police who are no where in sight. Now, I do understand I was in the wrong here...I know I should not have parked the way I did but she was rude and condescending. I looked at her and said, "If it's a ticket I'll get then it's mine concern and not yours." She began ranting on about order and such things and I calmly pointed out that there was indeed not one car nor student that I was interfering with and I walked away to take Jordan to the door.


As I was walking away from the little miss safety I overheard the reason she had really come jogging up the block. She came almost a full block to chastise a parent for not coming to a complete stop at the stop sign on the last corner. She was telling her how dangerous it was and how she could get a ticket and how she really ought to slow down....maybe take more time in the morning so she doesn't have to be in such a hurry. I was a little bit shocked and felt more than a little bit sorry for the parent now on the receiving end of the safety nazi's rants.


I got about halfway to the door when another car pulled up behind mine, wrong side of the road and all, and I heard the safety nazi yell..."Ohh no, not again!" and she proceeded to berate the next driver too.


As I was getting back into my car the last berated driver looked at me, nodded towards the safety and said, "She a crazy lady!"


Indeed.

**Just as a little end note...I am all for safety and especially safety around the kids being dropped off. If this woman had decided I was doing something wrong and approached me in a calm and respectful manner I would have apologized and promised to never ever to it again. I just don't respond well to being treated like I am somehow less.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
archives
Some of my favorite places to visit...
// var sc_project=320447; var sc_partition=1;