.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}




Friday, June 16

Bit and Pieces

Today was a very busy day. Work was just one little fire after another. Nothing major, mind you, just lots of little "do it now!" sort of stuff. Surprisingly I feel like I got a lot done, which is not usually the case when I am putting out fires all day. Those days seem like I never even touch my to do list. Speaking of work, I just might get my raise (knock on wood). The boss lady pulled me out and aside the other day and said she was working on it and that she has a bit of hope, a glimmer of light. Don't count on it, of course, but it did sound encouraging. I hadn't expected it to be mentioned again until my mid year review at the end of the month so I am taking this as a good sign. She also sang my praises which is always nice to hear. Could just be buttering me up for the big NO, who knows, but it is nice to be told you are doing a good job and that it's appreciated.


After work the little guy and I ran errands which included the drug store for allergy medicine for him. This spring has been terrible for us both. I am stuffy even after I have taken a pill. The poor little guy has woken up two morning in a row all stuffed and eyes red and itchy. He refuses the liquid medicine and doesn't yet know how to swallow a pill so we got him some melt in your mouth ones. Thankfully he is quite impressed with them and took it with ease. Phew...I was not looking forward to a daily battle over taking it for the next couple weeks. Summer everything eases up again and we can stop them for a while, until fall anyhow.


I was very excited when I got home today and discovered a package that M had mailed to me. A good book...the Clarkson one over there on my consuming list..and a hand dandy pocket sized fold up chart to keep track of the World Cup. I am addicted. Blasted time zones keep me from watching many games since they are played at 9, 12 and 3 my time but I have the BBC text commentary running all day long on my computer at work. USA didn't fare well in their first match and don't have a whole lot of hope in the match on Saturday against Italy but I will there cheering all the same. My second pick, in honor of M, is England. :) They have gotten through to the next round with a win today! Bit rough ahead though as they will face Germany or Ecuador in the next round, both of whom are playing well. Won't know till next week which one they face. That is the part of this all that has me soooo hooked. It lasts so long. One match is great but this big worldwide competition going on for weeks. Just very cool. I am a huge Olympics fan too. I just simply love good competition especially if I can understand the game...well and not bored to tears like baseball on TV. Love hockey but only the finals and usually only if the Wings are in it. I am not a huge sports watcher I just like the games when it's down to the wire, to that must win situation...good competition.


Other notes from the day...had company for dinner. My friend came by and fixed my bike tires for me. It seemed so easy to do that I got the inner tubes to do it myself but then chickened out and asked her to come do it for me if I cooked her dinner. Turned out to be as easy as I thought but I had simply never done it and never seen it done so I had little faith that I could manage it on my own. Next time I will. This, of course, means I no longer have any excuse not to ride it for exercise. *sigh* I know I should. I know I can. I know I will feel better for it. I just don't want to. I feel like the little engine that could...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can. Hopefully tomorrow I will be over the hill and chanting...I thought I could. :)


Ok...off to listen to the Archers and then bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
archives
Some of my favorite places to visit...
// var sc_project=320447; var sc_partition=1;