.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}




Tuesday, April 18

"these fickle, fuddled words...."

Well, here goes nothing. I have been thinking of doing this for ages, being a long standing journal writer this seems a natural progression. I've no idea what will end up on these pages though so any readers must bear with the fickle, fuddled words that find their way out of my mind.


In case you are wondering the title is from a song. I love lyrics...they can be so very poetic. I love to read so when I hear a song I really like I find myself combing the internet for the lyrics to it. This particular one is called The Space Between by DMB (Dave Matthews Band). The verse in question goes like this:


The Space Between
The tears we cry
Is the laughter keeps us coming back for more
The Space Between
The wicked lies we tell
And hope to keep safe from the pain
But will I hold you again?
These fickle, fuddled words confuse me
Like 'Will it rain today?'
Waste the hours with talking, talking
These twisted games we're playing


And on from there....


It's always strunk me as curious....what could possibly be so confusing about that simple statement? 'Will it rain today?' But there is quite a bit that can be behind those little words. Are you hoping for it, pleading it not to come, or perhaps just wondering the possibilities. Words are a funny medium that can be easily mistaken and misunderstood. Not just in a text based form such as this but in person as well. What sounds sharp and biting to one person may be taken as playful to another.


I choose my words carefully and thoughtfully. Perhaps more so than I should at times. Instead of just letting it all hang out I guard myself with simple brief statements instead of the long winded thoughts that race through my head. Here I'd like to think I will let those long winded thoughs flap in the breeze. I will try. I will also hope that no one is knocked unconscious with a gust the sheer boredom.


With that in mind I will skip the whole introduction part of begining something of this sort...you'll figure it all out along the way if you care to. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile
archives
Some of my favorite places to visit...
// var sc_project=320447; var sc_partition=1;